While Megabyte (what a name!) might be the longest-living Chihuahua officially on record, I think my beloved Nini could definitely beat that record. Nini is my spiritual animal, and the longest, most loyal, dedicated relationship I have had in my life, second to the one with my parents. I attribute her longevity not just to the usual things – lots of love and high-quality, clean food, not to mention that I cook real delicious human food for her as well – but also to her surroundings and lifestyle. What are her secrets for such longevity? Below are just a few.
- Comfort Luxury: If she is not sleeping with me in my comfortable bed, then she is sleeping somewhere in her own little chihuahua luxury. This is important for napping and resting (of which she does daily and almost too much), and also for her joints. She loves nothing more than circling around and curling up in her beds, and she is just the cutest ever!
- Beautiful Surroundings: Just like her goddess mistress, she likes her place of rest to be clean, simple, zen, and free from clutter with pretty plants and flowers. That is why she is so calm and never stressed or anxious like other dogs I have been around.
- Classical Music: I love all kinds of music, but what I listen to most often at work and at home in the background is classical or beautiful New Age and World Jazz playing in the background. And if Nini is around me, she always gets the pleasure of that, too. It keeps me calm and at peace.
- Aromatherapy for a sense of zen: I am a lover of all things natural and created by God and Mother Nature. I try my best to live as clean and free from chemicals and dirty polluted air as possible. I am also very sensitive to unpleasant smells. So I love using essential oils to keep my work and home smelling luxurious and heavenly while healing and giving balance to my chakras, as well as harmonizing and promoting good health for my body, mind, and spirit. Nini is blessed to be experiencing this along with me.
- Children Love: You already know I love children because they are such beautiful and pure little angelic souls, and they are so uplifting to be around. Besides, children keep us young and on our toes. Nini loves affection and is surrounded by adorable sweet children daily when I take her for her walks. The little children in the park always run up and ask me if they can hold her, touch her, pet her, give her kisses and rub her soft and voluptuous body. It is as though she gets free massages daily and it is not always from me. 🙂
- Goddess Pet Bath Luxuries: Lastly, once a week, I give Nini a relaxing and soul awakening bath with my body luxury products made from natural flowers, herbs, and oils which are good for both humans and animals alike!
I believe any of these are things that you, too, can do to live a long and zen life. Why not take some time out for a luxurious bath and some aromatherapy one evening? Nini would join you if she could. 🙂