Summer season is the perfect time to get healthy, and what better way to do so than with the abundance of fresh fruits, vegetables and baked goods from your local farmer’s market? I have pulled together some of my favorite healthy recipes to share with you that are nourishing and takes no time to prepare at all. This is how I keep my body energized and skin youthful. Since I am such a visual person, the way I present my food is just as important as the ingredients I use. How about you? Have you been preparing your own foods this summer? Share your photos. I would love to see them!
I have always been a big believer in creating a positive, happy, and healthy work environment. This is why I incorporate honesty, appreciation, good feng shui, and healthy eating habits all into the culture of Polished by tu-anh. Just ask anyone from my team-we are not your typical work environment! We are all crazy-crazy good! I let my team have the freedom to express themselves, as long as it is healthy self-expression and that it does not offend or hurt others.
There are so many things that we do on a daily basis to keep our workplace healthy, efficient, productive, and positive. Below are the top 5 things I make sure my team and I do regularly to keep our work atmostphere happy and productive. Now this doesn’t mean that we don’t work extremely hard, it just means that we work smart and get things done so our goals are achieved.
1. Open and honest communication–We are all drivers and want to get things done so having open communication by getting the unsaid said prevents people from taking action based on assumptions.
2. Organization-When our workspace is organized and free of clutter, it reduces anxiety and stress and that helps in getting things done as well having a clear mind.
3. Real Plants and flowers-This makes the air feel and smell fresh and clean and they represent life!
4. Office pet-Yes, nini, my chubby chihuahua comes to work with me. She is so calm and cute that when we are working under tight deadlines and high stress, one look at her puts a smile on our faces.
5. Embrace Creativity-This is something that I think should be a must in all office environments. Play music in the background, take short breaks to do some creative team or solo activities, singing, art, dancing, creating vision boards, etc…all healthy…read more on this in Forbes Magazine in their article about bringing positive energy to your work culture.
“Most businesses require at least some degree of employee creativity or innovation. When employees are allowed and encouraged to share their thoughts, business processes can become better streamlined, new products can emerge, and communication can improve. Workers who feel their voices are being heard are also usually happier overall.
Encouraging creativity seems like a somewhat ambiguous concept, but usually starts with communication. “Tell people you want their ideas then give them some amount of time and space to think creatively,” Psychology Today recommends. “Offering up as little as thirty minutes of work time a week for exploratory thought could send the message that creativity is valued, no matter when, where, or how ideas are conceived.”
You can read the rest of the article here. Try out one or two of them yourself and see how it goes. Share with me your success stories!
Happy Sunday! As you are getting ready for another productive week and stocking up your fridge, why not try making your own meals this week?
Would you like to know how I stay energized and productive at work all day long with the energy of a teenager? Well, the secret is in the mind and the body. So besides fueling your mind with positive and productive thoughts, you must also fuel your body with the proper foods, foods that energize you. So what are you putting in your body during your work week? I often hear executives tell me that they don’t eat healthy because they do not have time to. But in reality, eating healthy does not have to take up much time at all. Below I have shared with you a few of my 3-minute healthy recipes for the busy professionals. And yes it takes just 3 minutes or less for each – I timed it myself. 🙂
Keep things simple with fresh ingredients and assemble your ingredients ahead of time on Sundays when you go grocery shopping. See below for very simple, easy, and quick meal options for your busy day. As long as you have a kitchen, sink, and fridge at the office, then you are really good to go. Stay tuned for more of my healthy eats in the near future…
Much love, tu-anh