Happy New Moon in Gemini, the sign of the twins!
Today’s post is from a very dear goddess who has been a part of my tu-anh love “Awakened and Alive” community for quite sometime. This beautiful expression of herself, her life transformation, and her vulnerability exposed touched me and I thought you would be inspired by it as well. And for those ladies that are constantly sharing with me how they keep attracting weak men, let’s begin by letting your inner feminine come out to play and have some fashionably fearless forties fun!
When I first stepped into Tu-anh boutique in 2015, my outer self seemed to stick out like a sore thumb… but my inner self was HOME. What was this magical dimension I had entered into? At the time, my inner masculinity tended to steal the show. What was missing in my life was a full expression of my femininity. Since that time, I’ve explored a life full of ruffles, flowers, spirituality and sensuality… with the unexpected benefits of deeper, more authentic connections and a much more powerful sense of self.
What I have learned:
- A soft and feminine look does not make you appear weak to others – it makes you appear approachable. A way of being that welcomes others into your world creates not only more authentic connections but a much stronger position.
- Femininity isn’t just a “look”… it’s a way of being that brings out your most authentic, vulnerable self. I am now okay with people helping me with a project or paying for dinner. I also now enjoy expressing how I really feel. While that used to feel like a weakness to me, I’ve experienced more freedom and power than I ever could have imagined by being more open and honest with the people in my life.
- In dating, if you want to attract a strong, confident and self-assured alpha-male, you have to be willing to show your femininity and vulnerability. I had been searching for the Yin to my Yang – but was giving off Yin vibes myself. The end result? Attracting weaker men who were seeking someone strong to support or help them.
- Never wait for someone to buy you flowers! Each week, I buy four bouquets of flowers for my home, and have found it to be one of the quickest ways to bring love and light into my world. Similar expressions of self-love, like getting a massage, journaling or meditating, are regular habits that have attracted even more love and abundance into my life.
- Being ok with vulnerability has opened me up to experiences I would never have allowed myself to be in before, as I would not have wanted anyone to see me fail. From Salsa dancing to karaoke to riding a bike (that’s a long story), I have conquered fears and experienced new levels of joy that my former need to be in control was blocking from my life.
- The biggest thing I have learned is that I really like being feminine. In 2015, 90% of the items in my closet consisted of black, beige or stripes. I was projecting a false sense of power and control that was surely blocking people and experiences from my life. These days, you’d be hard-pressed to find many tops or dresses in my wardrobe that aren’t white, pink and/or off-shoulder.
The best thing about tapping into my feminine power is that it has allowed me to express my more masculine side in business without feeling drained. There is now balance between both sides of my personality. This new way of being has opened me up to a life that I could not have imagined just three years ago… a life of creativity, passion and self-discovery… a life fully-expressed.
Well, I hope you like what you have read. Stay tuned for the reveal of who this amazing and beautiful soul is on her next phase of feminine power awakened and transformed. 🙂 Until next time…~tu-anh