Changing your appearance is not about the notion of perfection; it’s about the re-transformation of defining who you are. Some people start from inside and then out and some like to do it the other way around. Here are my 10 tips on how you can achieve a polished image and improve your life.
1. Define your image. The image you create directs what is possible for you. Who do you want to be? How do you want to look?
2. Create your image. What is your current image? What is your new desired image?
3. Picture your image. Does the image you visualize fit who you are and who you want to be in the future?
4. Dress the part. Choose how you want to look based on who you are inside and reflect that person through your appearance.
5. Accessorize. A key principle to sharp dressing, “accessories make the outfit.” Add 1-3 unique accessories to every outfit you wear to dress it up.
6. Quality, not quantity. When shopping, purchase quality, unique, and timeless items.
7. Color coordinate your wardrobe. It will save you a lot of time trying to put outfits together. Start with your signature color, then black and white, and then accessories in interesting prints, textures, and colors. Choose colors that are opposite your moods for balance.
8. Know your body. Knowing your body shape and size will help you in choosing the types of clothing that will flatter and highlight your best body features.
9. Dress for the occasion. Before getting dressed, know where you are going, what you will be doing, and who you will be seeing. No matter the occasion, it’s always better to dress up than dress down.
10. Dress from the top down. The first thing people see is your face; choose styles, colors, necklaces, earrings, scarves, hairstyles, and the right make-up that will enhance you.
If you have ideas and comments to share, I love to hear them.