Imagine this: all eyes on you as you are about to give a major presentation, or how about all eyes on you as you walk into a professional networking social or important meeting? Would you like those eyes to think “WOW!!! How sharp, professional, confident, and polished this person is!” Or will they be thinking “OMG…this person could use a little image upgrading!” We all know you only have one chance to make a first impression. Don’t mess up that chance.
During current times of uncertainty, and with high demands for quality and fierce competition, now is the perfect time to polish your professional image and outshine your competition and those around you altogether. This is not to mention that when you look good, you will feel good and are more confident. The result is a happier, more productive, and efficient you at work. When engaging with a client about their image, I often ask them the following questions:
- When it comes to describing your professional image, what three words come to mind for you?
- If I were to ask three people you work with to describe your professional image, what would they say?
- On a scale from 1-10, how happy are you with your current image?
- What would it take to make it a 10?
- Have you wonder perhaps it is your unpolished professional presence that is holding you back from that promotion?
- When it comes to your image, what is priority that you would like to improve or change for the better? Hair? Make-up? Weight? Wardrobe? Confidence?
Your total professional polished image includes not only your physical appearance, but also your body language, your social skills and disposition, and of course, manners and etiquette. Ladies, below are examples of how simple and easy it is to polish your physical appearance. It does not have to be much effort at all. Trust me when I say so. I have been styling and polishing people for over 20 years now. Did I tell you that for those over 40, I can make you look 10 years younger and at the same time looking stylish, updated, and successful? Consider this page your very own mini-visual-consultation!
Here are a few easy ways to instantly improve the impression you leave in a professional setting and maybe even get that raise you have been wanting. Remember, act as if you already have that raise, or act as if you are already powerful, successful, confident, beautiful, etc.
Enjoy my before and after images in the gallery below – I hope they inspire you to start making small changes in your everyday look. Stay tuned for a future blog post about how men can look their most polished in a professional setting and as always, send me your feedback! Want an image upgrade or a full on image make-over? I would be delighted to work with you. Let’s get started.