10 Ways to Make Your Life More Productive and Free of Stress
We all know our mind is like a computer. Over time, we acquire a lot of information, baggage, emotional junk, life experiences, and issues that slow us down. If we do not do a check up every once in a while to clean and declutter our mind and life of lingering issues and take care of unfinished projects and unresolved issues, then that will cause us to shut down or crash. Here are 10 tips that would help make your life better, more alive, more efficient and more productive .
- MEDITATE often. I started meditating religiously a year ago and I have to say that I am now calmer, more focused, and more centered. It is now part of my 15-minute morning routine. Meditation helps clear your mind, grounds your emotions as well as your sense of well being, and helps you focus better at work. To start, try Deepak Chopra’s 21-day Abundance Meditation and stick with it for 21
straight days to see some major transformation. Deepak has a soothing voice and the background music is pleasant as well.
- CHECKLISTS help you to get things done and stay organized. Make a to do list daily and check it off as you go along. Nothing feels better than knowing that you have accomplished something even if it is a small task.
- FOCUS on doing one task at a time before moving to the next. Do not try to multitask, that will only cause confusion and stress. (And it’s counterproductive to a healthy mind!)
- READ something inspirational everyday. Whether it be a poem, a famous quote, a line from the bible, a page from your favorite book, or try one of my favorite little motivational book, Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen. By doing this, it will lift up your spirit and free your mind of negative thoughts.
- HONOR your personal time. My daily ritual is a fresh cup of coffee in the morning and a stroll around the garden to admire its beauty and smell the blooms that happened overnight while I was asleep. After that, I write down my affirmations and speak them out loud to myself. I love this ritual because I am intentionally setting aside time to manifest all that I desire and continue to enjoy the blessings that come my way.
- PRIORITIZE your time. Some things in your life need more focus than others. Make sure to prioritize how you spend your day. For me personally, I try to make a commitment to not talk about work after I have left work. So if I am spending time with someone I care about, my attention is 100% focused on them.
- WRITE down how you feel when there is stress or simply when you feel like expressing your thoughts. Keep a journal. Whenever there are lingering thoughts of uncertainty, negativity, or fear, just write them down. This will help rid you of your mental clutter and mind chatter. For me, sometimes those thoughts are private that I do not feel like sharing out loud with others, instead, I write them down in my journal at bedtime. I can tell you that 9 out of 10 times, it makes me feel so much better.
- DISTANCE yourself from negative people and surroundings. I know this can be hard because if it is a loved one, you can’t just ignore them. I am in this situation many times and what I try to do is stay focused on all the positive things that surrounds me so their negativity does not bring me down. And if it is your work environment that is negative, either deal with it or get a job that you love going to. Don’t allow external influences to affect your inner positivity and take the joy out of your life.
- CLEAN up your diet. When you eliminate unhealthy (“junk”) food from your diet, you will not only feel better and have more energy, but you will look better. Fill your plate with fruits and veggies. I especially love bananas, berries, and fresh spinach, and don’t forget fish and eggs! Just think of it like this: if God did not create it, then don’t eat it. It’s that simple. For more on getting healthy, check out www.drberg.com, who is an expert on the matter.
- EXCERCISE! It’s good for your health, your body, your mind, and sex drive. Your physical well being is fundamental to your mental well being and should be a part of your daily routine. Need I say more?
Good luck and let me know if you have any questions or need guidance. Next month, I will share with you more on this, but first, you must take baby steps. I also invite you to email me and share your successes.
By the way, if you are not going away this Memorial Day weekend, now is the perfect time to start on this list. Get organized and make your life better! What are you waiting for?